New Student Orientation
Welcome, new students! We are excited that you are joining the Mountaineer family. As a new student, you certainly have questions. New Student Orientation is designed to introduce you to the Eastern community and provide the information you need to be successful. At New Student Orientation, you'll learn about:
- Your major and degree plan
- Campus communications (WebAdvisor, Blackboard, email, etc.)
- Financial literacy and paying for college
- Housing and meal plans
- Tutoring and Student Support Services
- Student clubs and organizations
- Health and wellness
- Personal safety
- And many other campus resources
You'll also learn tips from students, faculty and staff who will help guide you during Orientation and throughout your time at Eastern. Orientation also provides you with the opportunity to meet other new Eastern students.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Mountaineer family!
Residence Hall Move-In
Saturday, Aug. 5
Sophomore Move-In: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 6
Freshman Move-In: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mandatory Residence Hall Meeting: 5:30 p.m. in Mitchell Hall Auditorium (Dinner will follow meeting)
All campus offices will be open on Sunday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. during move-in. Students (and their parents/guardians) can visit the Bookstore in the Student Center or the Business, Financial Aid, Registrar or Advising offices in the Library/Administration Building during this time.
McAlester New Student Orientation
Sunday, August 6
2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Conference Center in the Clark Bass Building
Wilburton New Student Orientation
Monday, August 7
|8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
|Registration and Breakfast
(students will receive a detailed schedule of events)
|1st Floor Student Center
|Welcome and Important Campus Information
|Division Orientation with Academic Advisors
- Agriculture Division: Baker 115
- Business Division: Mitchell 201
- Behavioral & Social Sciences Division: Mitchell Auditorium
- Language, Humanities & Education Division: Johnnie Wray Theatre
- Science and Mathematics Division: Sullivan 102
|11:20 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
|Lunch and Orientation Sessions
- Health & Wellness
- Campus Communications
- College Life
- Student Success/TRiO Program
- Project SAFE/Personal Safety
- Financial Literacy
- Business Office/Bookstore
|5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
|Cookout and activities at Robbers Cave State Park
|Bus leaves from Student Center
Questions? Contact the Office of Student Services at 918.465.1818.