Eastern Oklahoma State College Financial Aid
Financial Aid & Scholarships

Pathway to Eastern

Free tuition for 2016 Latimer County high school graduates

Pathway to Eastern is a gap-funding scholarship program that provides free tuition to 2016 graduates of Latimer County schools who enroll at EOSC the fall after they graduate. Students can earn free tuition for up to 64 attempted credit hours or three consecutive years, whichever comes first.

Pathway to Eastern will cover the cost of tuition not fully covered by Oklahoma’s Promise, financial aid (excluding loans) or scholarships. The scholarship program does not cover the cost of fees, housing, books or supplies.

Who can participate?

Students must meet the following criteria to participate:
  • Be a 2016 graduate from a Latimer County public, private or home schools
  • Be at least 16 years old
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident of the U.S.
  • Possess a minimum high school GPA of 2.5 (cumulative, based on a 4.0 scale)
  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as a high school senior 
  • Apply for Pathway To Eastern as a high school senior 
  • Enroll as a full-time student at Eastern (at least 12 credit hours) for the fall semester 
To remain eligible for the Pathway to Eastern program, students must:
  • Maintain a full-time status each semester (at least 12 credit hours)
  • Successfully complete 67 percent of attempted coursework
  • Maintain a 2.0 GPA
  • Complete a FAFSA each year

How do I get started?

To be eligible for Pathway to Eastern, you must submit the following by August 1, 2016. 
To apply and to learn more, please contact Eastern’s Scholarship Office at 918.465.1768.

Frequently Asked Questions

Enrollment Questions

Will Pathway to Eastern (PTE) pay for Summer School?
PTE will provide tuition for students in the summer semesters once they have completed their first fall and spring semester.

What happens if I drop or withdraw from a class?
If a student drops a class during the designated “Add/Drop” period, typically during the first week of the semester, it is the same as never having been enrolled in the course and will not affect a student’s PTE status. Dropping a course after the “Add/Drop” period WILL impact the student’s PTE status. The course will be subtracted from the maximum 64 credit hours covered by PTE. In addition, withdrawing from a course may affect a student’s course completion rate. To remain eligible for PTE, students must successfully complete 67% of attempted coursework each semester.

Funding Questions

Why do I have a balance on my financial account?

PTE funds are disbursed only once a semester. That disbursement of funds generally occurs the week prior to the enrollment period for the following semester. In some instances, students may not have fully completed the PTE application, provided requested information, or do not complete the annual FAFSA requirement. In that event, the PTE funds will only be applied after all such requirements have been met.

What if I go over the 64 hour limit?
In the event that a student’s semester enrollment exceeds the 64 hour limit, PTE funds will be applied up to the 64 hour limit. The student will be responsible for tuition expenses beyond the 64 hour limit.

Am I required to be a full-time student to qualify?
Yes. A full-time student is defined as a minimum of 12 credit hours during the fall and spring semester. During the summer semester 6 credit hours or more is considered full-time.

Does PTE pay for my textbooks or fees?
No, PTE does not cover the cost of books, supplies or fees.

Application and Deadline Questions

When do I apply for PTE?
Students should begin applying for PTE in February of their graduation year from high school. The priority enrollment deadline for PTE is August 1.

I graduated high school early. Can I start with PTE in the spring?
No. PTE starts a new cohort of students each fall semester. Early graduates can begin attending EOSC before the fall, but PTE will not begin funding their tuition until the fall.

Can I take a year off after graduation high school before I start PTE?
No. PTE applicants are required to begin their studies at EOSC the fall semester directly after high school graduation.

Can I transfer from another institution and qualify for the PTE program?
No. To be eligible, students must begin at EOSC as a freshman student during the fall semester directly after high school graduation.

I did not graduate from a Latimer County high school. Am I eligible?
No. PTE is a pilot program targeting the students of public and private high schools within Latimer County. Students graduating from a high school outside of Latimer County are encouraged to visit the EOSC Financial Aid Department.

I received a GED. Am I eligible?
No. Eligible PTE applicants must graduate from a public or private high school in the same application year.