The staff in the Veterans Affairs Office is available to assist students who are eligible to receive educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All degree plans offered by Eastern have been approved by the State Accrediting Agency for payment of federal benefits.
To Claim VA Educational Benefits:
- You must come to the Eastern Registrar/Veterans Affairs Office each semester that you enroll.
- You must have your academic advisor and Eastern's VA Representative approve your classes each semester that you enroll.
- If you are claiming benefits and you were on Active Duty, you will need to bring copy 4 of your DD form 214 and your Certificate of Eligibility to the Registrar/Veterans Affairs Office.
- If you are in the National Guard or the Reserves, you will need to bring form 2384 (NOBE) to the Registrar/Veterans Affairs Office. This form is available from your Unit Commander.
- If you are claiming benefits as a dependent, you will need to bring us a letter of eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or the eligible veteran's claim number or social security number, and copy of your birth certificate.
- Notify the VA Coordinator if you have added or dropped any classes.
- Notify the VA Coordinator if your degree has changed.
- Notify the VA Coordinator if you plan to do a total withdraw.
Leave of Absence Policy for Students in the Military
Under Eastern Oklahoma State College’s Leave of Absence Policy, students who are currently in the military shall be eligible to:
If you have questions concerning forms, contact:
- Withdraw from any or all courses for the period of active duty service without penalty to admission status or GPA and without loss of institutional financial aid; or
- Receive an “I” for any or all courses for the period of active duty status irrespective of the student’s grade at the time the “I” is awarded; provided, however, that the student has completed a minimum of fifty percent (50%) of all coursework prior to being called to active duty and the student completes all courses upon return from active duty. The student’s admission status and GPA shall not be penalized and the student shall not experience loss of institutional financial aid.
Student Service Representative/VA Coordinator
Eastern Oklahoma State College evaluates prior credit earned through military education and training and grants credit as appropriate to the degree. Veteran students may request a military transcript from the newly created Joint Services Transcript. This replaces the efforts of the AARTS transcript (Army AARTS transcript) and the SMART transcript (Navy & Marine Corps transcript). Students may order a transcript at the following online Department of Defense link JOINT SERVICES TRANSCRIPT
Army and National Guard:
Toll Free: 1.888.276.9472
JST Technology Operations Center
Fax: Comm: 850.452.1909 DSN: 459.1909
Virtual Education Center
Toll Free: 1.888.838.1659
Fax: Comm: 757.492.5095 DSN: 492.5095