Livestock Judging Team
Eastern’s Livestock Judging Team has a rich tradition in winning competitions and, more importantly, preparing students for successful career opportunities. Each year, the team visits several of the top purebred and feeding operations in numerous states to prepare for competitions.
- Express Extravaganza, Yukon, OK
- National Western, Denver, CO
- Southwestern Livestock Expo, Fort Worth, TX
- Dixie National, Jackson, MS
- San Antonio Livestock Expo, San Antonio, TX
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, Houston, TX
- Texas State Fair, Dallas, TX
- AKSARBEN Livestock SHow, Omaha, NE
- Flint Hills Classic, Manhattan, KS
- Tulsa State Fair, Tulsa, OK
- American Royal, Kansas City, MO
- North American International Livestock Expo, Louisville, KY
Workout stops include viewing some of the nation’s best livestock and meeting many of the master breeders and top managers at the country’s elite livestock operations. The success of EOSC judging teams contributes largely to the EOSC Animal Science Department’s continued success in job placement and further education opportunities of judging team members upon completion of their degree. In addition to the potential career benefits of participating on EOSC livestock team, awards earned in livestock judging competitions also include scholarships to help students further their education. The opportunity to participate on the livestock judging team exists for all Eastern students, regardless of major and the skills gained as a result will be beneficial in any career.
A.S. in Agriculture is designed to outline the freshman and sophomore
years of study for students who plan to transfer to other four-year
colleges and universities to major in the wide variety of fields related
Eastern operates a 4,000 acre farm as a living, outdoor laboratory that
enables students to get real world experience that coordinates with
There are seven options available with the Agriculture degree:
- Agriculture Communications - A study of the
fundamentals of agriculture, news writing and communication methods,
including careers and the role of the media in agriculture and related
- Agriculture Education - Utilized to instruct
secondary school and adult education classes, agriculture extension, as
well as many government services.
- Agriculture Economics - A study of economics and business as it pertains to agriculture.
- Agronomy - The development and application of
plant and soil sciences. These areas include biotechnology, business,
crop and soil science, plant protection, range management and weed
- Animal Science - Concerned with the production
and management of farm animals. Research in the selection, breeding,
feeding and marketing of farm animals and developing improved methods of
housing, sanitation, and parasite and disease control.
- Food Science - A discipline dedicated to providing people everywhere with safe, nutritious, high-quality and innovative foods.
- Pr-Veterinary Medicine - Designed to meet the
specific requirements for transfer to a major college or university and
then admission to a school of veterinary medicine.
Agriculture is one of the largest industries in the United States. It
surpasses all other industries, not only in the number of persons it
employs, but also in service to human needs. The opportunities for
qualified persons are many, varied and attractive. Therefore, it is
possible to be highly selective in the choice of an agriculture career.
As agriculture continues to become more productive and high-tech, the
need for trained college graduates will increase.
A college degree is an investment in your future. There are many
lifelong benefits of a quality education that exceed the initial costs
involved. Tuition and fees at Eastern Oklahoma State College are among
the lowest in the nation. Plus, Eastern offers a variety of
institutional scholarships, as well as agriculture-related scholarships
for students who demonstrate high academic qualifications and financial
need. Federal and state financial aid and grant opportunities are also
available to help fund your education.
Apply now for admission to the Agriculture program.
Baker Hall 101
Agriculture Division Dean
Baker Hall 100